Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Dear Residents, Family and Friends:
On behalf of the entire team at Park Manor Rehabilitation Center, we want to thank you for allowing us to care for you or your loved one. We recognize the high level of trust that you place in us, and we are committed to providing high quality care to those whom we have the privilege to serve.
Governor Jay Inslee announced new rules today around nursing homes and assisted living facilities that focus on better protecting older adults – a population more at risk for contracting COVID-19 (coronavirus) – with respect to infection prevention and management. Full details on Governor Inslee’s message are available on the Governor’s website: https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-media/inslee-issues-new-rules-protect-older-adults-nursing-homes-living-facilities.
Based on the Governor’s directive, and related Federal and State Guidance on the issues, Park Manor will be implementing the following rules and adhering to the following recommended practices effective March 10, 2020:
- Visitors must be adults and the visit must take place in the resident’s room. (This does not apply to end-of-life situations). Please be prepared to show an ID.
- Only one visitor is allowed per day for each residents. No multiple in-and-out visits.
- All visitors must follow COVID-19 screening to be admitted for visiting, and follow reasonable precautionary measures. Precautionary measures include, but are not limited to, wearing personal protective equipment, social distancing (6 feet), and visiting in designated locations when required.
- All visitors must sign into a visitor’s log, providing contact information along with their screening.
- Employees or volunteers must be screened for COVID-19 symptoms at the start of each shift.
- People who live in nursing homes or assisted living facilities and who test positive for COVID-19 must be isolated away from other people.
- Owners, operators, staff and volunteers are prohibited from disclosing protected and confidential health information, except as otherwise provided by law or with the resident’s consent.
Visitor Restrictions (per the State of Washington Department of Health):
- Visitation will be discouraged and we will work with you to find alternative methods of communicating with family and friends.
- Each resident will be limited to no more than ONE (1) visitor per day. No visitors will be allowed in units with an active COVID-19 (or other similar) diagnosis. No in-and-out visits.
- All potential visitors will be actively assessed for a fever and respiratory symptoms. Ill visitors will not be permitted to visit.
- The Facility will maintain a record of visitors to the Facility.
- Visitor movement within the facility will be limited (e.g., dining rooms and other public gathering areas are to be avoided).
- Visiting hours will be from 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Resident Monitoring and Restrictions (per the State of Washington Department of Health):
- All residents will be actively monitored for possible signs of respiratory infection.
- Plans are in place to limit movement and ensure social distancing (i.e., staying 6 feet away from others) from well residents. These plans include the following:
- Group or planned activities are canceled unless participants can stay 6 feet away from each other.
- Dining activities will be modified to ensure that a distance of 6 feet between residents is being honored.
- The movement of residents around the facility will be limited.
- Facility staff will actively validate that residents are performing hand hygiene and wearing a facemask (contingent on supply) if they leave their rooms and have respiratory symptoms.
- Decisions regarding the transfer of residents to a higher level of care will be made with due consideration to infection prevention and management.
- Residents with confirmed COVID-19 will not be accepted back to the Facility until all appropriate infection control precautions can be confirmed.
Per guidelines received from CDC, CMS, and Washington State Department of Health, Park Manor is now actively screening all potential visitors, vendors and contractors, and restricting visitation by those who meet the following criteria:
- Have signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- In the last 14 days, have had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or who is under investigation for COVID-19, or who is ill with respiratory illness.
- Who has engaged in international travel within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission. For updated information on affected countries visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- Who is residing in a community where community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.
We are happy to facilitate virtual visitation by phone, FaceTime or Skype, or email, and encourage you to remain in contact with your loved ones without in-person visitation until such time as we are able to welcome you back. For a video chat, please email ParkManor-ED@EnsignServices.net with your available times, and a Park Manor staff will coordinate your video chat. You may also send emails to that address and they will be delivered to your loved one within 24 hours.
We thank you for your continuing confidence, and for helping us in our attempts to keep our residents and staff safe. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions, concerns or requests for assistance. We will keep you updated as information becomes available.